Here's the quick & dirty. This is where I house my cards from Postcrossing, the occasional movie review (new releases and old favorites), and also the pictures and winners from the (forthcoming) Annual Scavenger Hunt. Stay tuned.

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Two Very Different Cards

I received today, in case you haven't read the title, two very different cards in the mail. Let's discuss.
The first card is from Lindsay (aka 郑文欣) from the small town of Shanghai, China. Not only did she provide a unique and scenic postcard (of West Lake), but she also shared with me about herself and her family (her brother, whose birthday falls on Halloween, was born in the Year of the Tiger, just like me!). On top of that, she also included a quote for me to attempt to translate, something I asked for in my profile. Lindsay, you're awesome, and yours is now officially one of my favorite cards I've received!

The next one is a fine card on its own, this one from Gerkje from Friesland, a province in the Netherlands. I particularly like the stroopwaffles pictured, a delicacy I've never had but always wanted to try. However, I wish the Postcrosser would've said something a bit more... personalized. I'm starting to gather that the more postcards you have being sent & received, the harder it is to make every message meaningful. Which is understandable, I suppose. Anywho, I like waffles, so thanks Gerkje!

No comments:

Post a Comment