Here's the quick & dirty. This is where I house my cards from Postcrossing, the occasional movie review (new releases and old favorites), and also the pictures and winners from the (forthcoming) Annual Scavenger Hunt. Stay tuned.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Unexpected

Typically, Postcrossing works when you A) request an address, B) send the card, C) that card is registered by the recipient, and then D) & E) are simultanous--you get to now pull another address, while your address is suddenly next in line for someone else to pull. The point is, in theory, you shouldn't be receiving more cards than you have sent out and had registered elsewhere. Make sense?
Well, we can't really explain this one then. Nathaniel has had exactly ONE card successfully received, and a 2nd one was only placed in the mail Saturday. He has already received what we THOUGHT was the one card he should be expecting, and yet he today received a second card himself--no clue why. It comes from a girl name Georgia of the Gregory family who lives in Gisborne, New Zealand. It's a cool card too, a kiwi, and from a country I haven't shared any cards with yet. Thanks, Georgia!

1 comment:

  1. No, it doesn't make sense, but it happened to me too. Based off of the dates on the whole 2 cards I've received, I should have had my name in the bowl only once. Maybe you get two for your first send? Who knows...

    And am I the only one who gets excited over how awesome the postage marks/stamps are, especially on foreign mail?

    ReplyDelete