Here's the quick & dirty. This is where I house my cards from Postcrossing, the occasional movie review (new releases and old favorites), and also the pictures and winners from the (forthcoming) Annual Scavenger Hunt. Stay tuned.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Cartoon Corner

So I got two cards today, both of a more animated variety, and I just thought it was kinda funny :)
The first one comes from a lovely woman named Marianne who lives around Leidschendam in The Netherlands. It seems that where she works or shops, they've been anxiously awaiting the release of Toy Story 3. Well, I'm only just now getting around to writing about this card a bit late, and in the time since I first posted the card here, Marianne messaged me say "Toy Story 3 [is] here and I saw it FINALLY. I loved it. I think it was even better than the first two! The characters seem 'alive'. Woody is definitely my favorite :-)" I couldn't agree more, thanks for the great card!

P.S. How in the world can it be that The Netherlands have Duck Tales stamps (featuring none other than Scrooge McDuck himself, no less) and we here in the US don't?! Awesome stamps, thanks again Marianne!

The next card comes from Leonor, probably the cutest kid you've ever seen, and officially the youngest Postcrosser I've ever received from. Leonor is from Porto, Portugal, and at only 18 months old, has sent over 8x as many cards as I have! Granted, she's getting some help from her Aunt, but still, wow! The card itself is a colorful and humorous depiction of the proverbial 'wolf in sheep's clothing,' and is one of Nathaniel's favorite cards now. Thanks for that, Leonor!

No comments:

Post a Comment