Here's the quick & dirty. This is where I house my cards from Postcrossing, the occasional movie review (new releases and old favorites), and also the pictures and winners from the (forthcoming) Annual Scavenger Hunt. Stay tuned.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Not my card, but a favorite!

As you can see on the address here, this is not really my card at all, and I'm OH so jealous about that. This actually was sent to my great friend Leslie by one Rebecca of Pittsburgh, PA. The card is a vintage drawn map/overview of Allegheny County taken from the Library of Congress, only in this historically revisionist version, the state of Pennsylvania is being attacked by Godzilla...
HOW FREAKING AWESOME IS THAT?!
The artist is Matthew Buchholz, and he apparently does this with zombies, androids, UFO's, etc., incorporated into other historic photographs and maps. I, for one, am in love with it! Great call Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment