Here's the quick & dirty. This is where I house my cards from Postcrossing, the occasional movie review (new releases and old favorites), and also the pictures and winners from the (forthcoming) Annual Scavenger Hunt. Stay tuned.

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Trees & Beans & Doors, Oh My!

Three cards as once :D
The first card comes from Yiyang, China, from a guy named Liuyang, though he prefers to go by Jack Furns. The image is of a beautiful scenic vista overlooking the Wulingyuan Mountains in the West Hunan Province. It's a beautiful card to begin with, but on top of that... this is silly... the card looks like the 'hometree' from AVATAR. Thanks for the great card, Jack!

The next card comes from Sveta in Moscow, Russia. She sent me this rockin' card of coffee beans shaped liked a coffee mug, a perfect example of graphic design put to excellent use! Now, regarding what the last sentence says, I have no idea--it's in Russian! Well thanks for the card, Sveta! I'm going to try to get it translated at the UWF International Student Center, but that's nothing compared to the work ahead of me for the NEXT card...

So, Cecilia from Taipei City, Taiwan sent me this great card from the Penghu Islands. The card itself is much larger than the scan can really shows it to be, quite striking actually. Anywho, the entire card is in written in either Mandarin or maybe Taiwanese, I'm not sure yet. I'll be taking this one up to UWF also, lol. Thanks for the card, Cecilia!

No comments:

Post a Comment