Here's the quick & dirty. This is where I house my cards from Postcrossing, the occasional movie review (new releases and old favorites), and also the pictures and winners from the (forthcoming) Annual Scavenger Hunt. Stay tuned.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Multiple Multi-Views

After about 15 or 20 postcards sent out, you begin to notice some trends on Postcrossing. Two of the biggest trends? A lot of people LOVE lighthouses. And a lot of people HATE multi-view cards. I don't really belong to either of those camps.

I received two multi-view cards today, the first from Victoria in Minsk, the capital of Belarus. It's interesting that this is only the second card I've received of these unique dimensions (unique to me, anyway), and only a week after receiving the first one. It's larger and longer than the typical cards I've been receiving, and that size difference doesn't really show in the way they're presented on this blog. The pictures on the card show beautiful snow covered hills on the grounds of the Radziwil Castle and of the city of Nesvizh. Thanks, Victoria!

The second one comes from Katrin, and it shows her beautiful city of Frankfurt, Germany. It's a much more traditionally sized card first of all, but it also shows a great variety in the views and architecture seen around the city. Thanks for the card, Katrin!

No comments:

Post a Comment